What are crowd types?
Crowd types are the different types of persons that will attent your event, the paying visitor being the exception. Crowd types can be divided into segments. It’s up to you how specific you want to make this division.
Adding new crowd types:
- Go to your ‘Launchpad’ and click on ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Crowd types’, which is part of the ‘Master data’ category.
- Click ‘Add new crowd type‘.
- Name your new crowd type.
- Select which sort of ‘Crowd’ this new crowd type is part of. These three crowd types are part of the system and can not be changed.
- Use the checkboxes to toggle the options for this new crowd type.
- Click ‘Add crowd type’.
- Done. You’ve added a crowd type. ✅
Please note: When you’ve added a new crowd type to your Launchpad settings, the crowd type isn’t immediatly available for your (current) events. You firstly need to activate the crowd type within the event you want to use it. This is how you do that:
- Open the event and go to ‘Settings’.
- First, click on ‘General’ and on ‘Crowd types’ after that.
- Activate the crowd type(s) you need for this event.
- It’s also possible to add segments here by clicking ‘Add segment’.
- Don’t forget to ‘Save changes’.
- You’re good to go, that’s it!
At these settings within the event, it’s also possible to add new crowd types. However, if you add them within an event, they won’t be available for other events. You’ll have to manually add them to a new event if you want to re-use them. That’s why we always suggest the first way of adding new crowd types. Only if you’re adding a crowd type you won’t need for future events, it makes sense to add them through this menu.