What are crowd types?
With crowd types you can subdivide all non-paying visitors to your event. This way you can easily send out briefings or tickets to the right group of people.
A crowd type is the top layer of the division of your non-paying visitors. A crowd type could be ‘Staff’. This crowd type can later on be further divided into segments. Segments for ‘Staff’ could for instance be ‘Catering staff’, ‘Security’ and ‘Cash register’.
These divisions can be done any way you wish. If a ‘Catering staff’ isn’t a specific enough segment for you, it’s also possible to create a ‘Catering staff’ crowd type and specify segments that work for you. The most important thing is that you create an efficient division that applies to your events.
How do you use crowd types?
When you have added crowd types, what can you actually do with it? It’s highly likely that your different crowds all need crowd specific information. The briefing is a clear example of this. When you create a new briefing you can specify which crowd type(s) it will be sent to.
Adding crowd types:
- Go to ‘Launchpad’ and click ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘Master data’ and click ‘Crowd types’.
- Click ‘Add new crowd type’.
- Name the crowd type.
- Select the ‘type’ of ‘Crowd’ where the crowd type is a part of.
- Select the boxes of where you want to show this crowd type.
- Click ‘Add crowd type’.
- Done! Crowd type is added ✅
Please note: If you want to use crowd types in your events, you have to add the crowd types first. When you want to add crowd types to an existing event, you need to activate the crowd types to be able to see and use the crowd types in the event.
Activate crowd types:
- Go to the event and click ‘Settings’.
- Go to ‘General’ and click ‘Crowd types’.
- Select the (new) crowd types you would like to activate for this event.
- Activate the crowd types by clicking ‘Select’.
- You are good to go! That was it.